Tuesday 28 December 2010

Letter to thyself – Round 3

15 people entrusted me with their letters in the first episode.  2 years ago, only 6 subscribed to the idea with 2 asking me to send the letters back to them only after 2 years. I hope they are surprised by what they have written 2 years ago.

As another new year looms, I reckon it’s time to resurrect this again. 

It’s a pretty simple exercise…

You write whatever you want to write to yourself in a word document. Typically, people tend to write about their new year resolution but you should use your imagination.

You save the word document and password protect it (and remember the password).

You send it to me via e-mail telling me how long you want me to keep it.

I will send that e-mail back to you after your prescribed time.  Preferred time is 1 year, have received 2 and I am hoping people will send me asking me to keep it for 5 years.

The best effect is that you have forgotten you have sent me this e-mail and when I return it to you, you will be in utter shock reading what you wrote to yourself years ago.
For the first blog entry about this exercise, read here.

Hope to receive many many many mails… and Happy New Year!


1 year ago… The squid storyChicken ass


16 comments:

goingkookies said...

Hey..

pretty neat idea.. will try to write something up and send it to you =)

Blessed Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

TRACE said...

hi zewt!! how r u?
good idea oh! i tried, but how to password protect word document? =P hehe...i'll figure out hopefully...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

cat said...

Oh wow cool idea! I might give it ago! :) I already have an idea. I'll get back to you! :D

iamthewitch said...

Happy New Year zewt!!

Kenny Mah said...

Hmm. I've never tried this with you, have I, Zewt? Don't remember and certainly have not received any emails yet, haha.

Maybe this year would be a good time to start. :)

TG said...

There's a similar service online called Future me (http://www.futureme.org) You can send an email to yourself. I tried it, it's fun :)

j_yenn said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

CK said...

Happy New Year ZEWT!

Crankster said...

You are good at getting some funky ideas to take off! :-)

secret agent woman said...

I've found even re-reading old blog entries to be sometimes surprising. I love that we all keep evolving.

Happy New Year!

Ummie said...

What an idea!
Never think of it.

Happy New Year & Happy Days Ahead.

me said...

i should write one that goes like this....."you will not remember me. i am your future self. i am you. you are me. i have gone into the future and seen how your (my) life will be and i have gone back into the past to warn you. i have asked your (my) fellow friend to send this letter to you at an appropriate time in the future (or past, depending on which version of you (me) you are looking at. i have only one chance to send this email to you for time do not permit a second chance. i have to warn you to be careful about......."

sorry, this email has extended the maximum space quota. please send another.

:-p :-p :-p :-p

ok, send me that in 5 years time :-p :-p :-p

Anonymous said...

mr zewt, we want new year post...wake up wake up plz

kyh said...

matter is, i tend to remember what i write, even though it's been like yrs.

i still can remember what i wrote, what i drew for the competitions i entered during my kindy and primary yrs. :p

missironic said...

Just want to wish u Happy New Year, Zewt! although is so belated! :P

zewt said...

Hi all - hmmm.... thanks for the all the good words... but i have only received 2... hope to receive more from everyone....