Thursday 6 August 2009

Of coincidence and irony

What is co-incidence…?

The govt announced a private equity investment institution called
Ekuiti Nasional (“Ekuinas”) which will manage an initial sum of RM500m and will subsequently increase to RM10b.

And then…

Permodalan Nasional Berhad (“PNB”) offered for subscription
Amanah Saham 1Malaysia worth…… RM10b.


What is irony…?

Amanah Saham “1Malaysia” (“AS1M”) … is one which is offered
based on quota --- 50% for Bumiputera, 30% for Chinese, 15% for Indians and 5% for others, albeit for the first 30 days. 1 Malaysia… but there is a quota.


2 years ago…
Henry Suckers and the 4 schools of magic

10 comments:

TG said...

If you convert to islam as Chinese, do you get the status of Bumiputera?

Yay to bumi Malaysia. Chinese pay 50% of taxes but get 30% quota. Yay. Ok, I don't really know if these numbers are right, but that's what I sensed from the Chinese Malaysians I met.

CK said...

it's a glaring co-incidence. well, it's blatant and as usual, they don't even bother to mask it.

myop101 said...

i am happy with my ASW2020.

been giving me steady returns since inception. can't say much about EPF though.

anyway, as long as BN is in power, don't expect too much from them.

Anonymous said...

Never mind! They don;t have money...and eventually, when nobody buys, they'll give it all to the Chinese...and they will all be snapped by by 9.00 a.m....and the rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer...and guess who they blame? Dunno...go ask that senile mamak old man!

gina said...

Yes.. when I read about the 1Malaysia saham, I spit my coffee out.. what 1malaysia? Still got quota. What a lot of bull! I ain't gonna let my money suck dry by the govt. Rather keep it elsewhere.

jam said...

I will stand out from this one too! As I said, Amanah Saham is never meant for me - http://lifeislikethat.com/?p=1631.

zewt said...

MKL - oooOOo... if you are a malaysian... you'll be in jail by now :P

CK - nah... just co-incident... :P

myop101 - sigh... very sad.

anon @ 8/8 8.22pm - welll, there is a specific reason why the bumis are not grabbing AS1M... :)

gina - yeah... if you do, it will end up in the stock market, to push up the price of stocks hold by...

jam - better put our money in the stock market ourselves...

TG said...

Lucky I am not Malaysian then ;)

Yvonne Foong said...

Awwww.... the picture is so cute and apt! How did you find it?

zewt said...

MKL - good your you...

Yvonne Foong - the wonders of www.