Thursday 25 January 2007

The right motivation

Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon, 4 days a week, that’s how often I go to the gym. Consider that the gym is just at the ground floor of my office, I can’t really find any excuse not to go regularly… or can I?

You know, the post-gym feeling is refreshingly good. After a good work-out, a short roasting in the sauna and then a nice warm shower, you come out of the gym feeling as though you can conquer the world. And of course, it also gives you the peace of mind that all the char-siew or siew-yok or bak kut teh in the tummy has all been burnt. Of course, that’s not true, but what the heck, it’s all about perception.

So yeah, the after effect is really cool, but you know what? The challenge is to drag your sorry ass to the gym through the glass door. Believe me, it’s not easy. It’s quite a mental challenge. The temptation to head for the building exit instead of the gym entrance can be quite strong, particularly if your day has been stressful.


My colleague, PUY, who knows I am gunning for 6-pack before I turn 30 said I should put up some kinda motivation in front of me. Naturally, a picture with of a guy with a nice body comes into mind. I’ll be damned! Imagine if I have this picture as my screen saver or wall paper! WTF! People will think I am bloody gay! You know, gay and gym kinda goes hand in hand. Anyway, I think his chest is a bit too big.

So what should be the right kinda motivation? I can’t have picture of topless muscular men around my workstation or in my computer. Gee, topless muscular men… even typing it brings me shivers!!


With the help of a friend, I came up with a… well, a more decent picture. I hope one day I can really have that body with that face on but for now, I guess I can only look and fantasise… err, I mean, be motivated! Heck, what was I thinking!!!


You think I can do it? By the way, I have never missed gym since I started working at my current work place.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck dude! i'm aiming for that 6 packs as well, let's do this together.. bwahahaha! lose the spare tyre! hmmm.. gym and gay... goes hand in hand? are you sure? :P

Anonymous said...

rosak gambar ryan reynolds. i go to the gym as well, but more motivated along the lines that 50% of my weight was fat a few months back.

recently checked it's down to 34%...

it's a work in progress..hahaha

and the notion that gyms go hand-in-hand with homosexuality are widely exaggerated.

it's more along the lines of vanity...

Anonymous said...

WOW THE PIC IS HURTING MY EYES HAHAHAH THE BODY - HEIGHT = ET

Anonymous said...

eh i dont think the gay n gym thing is far fetched....my fren say my ex skool mate posing with few guys and taking pics of themselves....

anyway the pic there still too gay for me zewt.....

sad thing is i play futsal once a week but still dont lose much weight....is once a week really too little?

Anonymous said...

Time to know that I've managed to use Google well

*cosmic freak* said...

it IS a better picture.

but why you wanna FANTASISE???

well good luck. my 4pack abs have failed to maintain its flex. haha.

I need not go to the gym. I just close my eyes and imagine the kuak lentang on bed is enough! haha!

that being said, GOOD LUCK bro!

zewt said...

bongkerz - well, i guess aput is right to say that gym is more on vanity than anything else.

aput - 50% to 34%, that's one helluvan achievement. and yeah, only 3 of my posts have been published in the star before. like yours, most of my posts are rather... controversial.

xoxo - at least i am no pork chop.

economist - once a week not enough la, come join me at the gym la, it's within walking distance. take aput's body fat reduction as a good example.

cosmic - thanks. and you better make sure u dont lose that 4 packs.

*cosmic freak* said...

there's 2 packs left now. and they aren't flex. hahah.

Weig said...

Don't see what's wrong with having motivational pictures, even if they may depict slightly more...shall we say...flamboyant lifestyle, which is ultimately what six packs are for, right?

Not to digress from the issue, but just as there is nothing wrong with having feminine features, one should not be too homophobic, since sometimes, to look good, you need to look, well, gay!

Anonymous said...

did u manage to get a 6 packs?