Monday 29 June 2020

Sentimental connection to legacy readers

I was feeling rather sentimental a few nights ago, perhaps it was because I have reached another milestone…. It was my birthday, another number to that ever increasing number, a number that you don’t quite keep track after a while. Wouldn’t you agree?


And so, I decided to log on to my Zewt e-mail account and went through a lot of the mails that I used to receive and the communications that I had with the readers of this blog, days when there used to be so many of them :)

It was very surreal to read through some of those mails from readers who asked me so many questions, ranging from where I got my inspiration to write, advice and well wishes during a time when I was diagnosed with a kidney condition, and most of all, questions about career from people who just graduated from university seeking a pointer or two about whether they should join the corporate world. 

Time wise… most of those mails were almost a decade ago, some even longer.  I wonder how these people are, whether my 2-cent worth of consult to them (if I can call that a consult) did lead them to where they wanted to go, and whether they have achieved greatness and did well in their respective career.

And as such, I decided to write to a few of them with the email thread that I had.  To my surprise, some of them have replied!

I have discovered through the years that human connection is one of the most fulfilling experience ever.  Therefore, I am excited to connect to people who wrote to me literally… a decade ago.

Are you one of them?

4 comments:

dy said...

Hello hello!!!

frostee said...

It has been quite a while man.

"omamee" said...

Yes! This is VL btw haha!

suituapui said...

"On the way back, I had a call from zewt who, at that point in time, was at the hotel. Unfortunately, he could not stay long and was not able to wait till we reached the hotel. I must say that I’m sad that I missed the chance to meet him in person…"
That was in 2009. I guess the chance of us meeting in person is quite improbable now. Anyway, do stay in touch!